Summary of Qualifications.
- Currently serving as instructional designer for Sunflower Electric Power Corporation, creating world-class eLearning.
- eLearning Freelance Consultant as requested.
- Served as instructional designer for CUNA Mutual Group developing innovative eLearning experiences.
- Served as President of SchwindTEC, Inc. (Innovative, custom design eLearning consultant company)
- Served as Manager for the corporate eLearning training development program for DST Systems, Inc. This position oversaw the design and development of the adult online learning programs for approximately 9000 associates.
- Served as Manager for the corporate online training development program for Argus Health Systems, Inc. This position oversaw the design and development of the adult online learning programs for approximately 1000 associates.
- Served as Manager for a twenty-five-person eLearning development team that transitioned over 1500 college level classroom hours into web-based interactive multimedia instruction. Managed over 6 million dollars worth of government conversion contracts in the process of developing over 2000 online courseware hours.
- Strong adult learning theory based instructional design skills. Winner of the 2010 PacifiCorp International Instructional Design Competition based on a unique corporate problem-solving eLearning solution.
- Expert in all phases of eLearning design and development to include: analysis, storyboard development, multimedia design, final courseware deployment.
- Several years experience as team lead on eLearning development programs that required extensive coordination amongst customers, subject matter experts, development teams, and outside vendors.
- Expert with the latest multimedia development tools such as Articulate Storyline2/3/360, Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative Cloud suite of software, GoAnimate (online animated video creation tool).
- Adjunct faculty member (online) of an Instructional Design and Technology program (Master’s Level) at Emporia State University. Responsible for teaching the Corporate eLearning, Animated Scenario-Based eLearning, and Multimedia Design courses.
- Masters of Science, Instructional Design and Technology, Emporia State University, Emporia, KS., 2011.
- Masters of Business Administration (MIS Concentration), Chaminade University, Honolulu, HI., 1997.
- Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH., 1981.
- Expert with multimedia development programs such as Articulate Storyline2/3/360, Camtasia, SnagIt, Adobe Captivate, Vyond(online animated video creation tool), Adobe Creative Cloud suite of software to include: Premier, Photoshop, and Illustrator, Audition.
- LMS experience with Oracle, Compliance Wire, Moodle, Blackboard LMS, SumTotal LMS, and WebCT.
- Always researching and learning about new technologies and how they can be leveraged in the learning environment.
Awards and Recognition:
- Winner of the 2010 Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) sponsored, PacifiCorp Instructional Design Competition.
- Recipient of the Emporia State, Teachers College Graduate Student Research Award, 2011.
- Sunflower Electric Power Corporation, November 2018 – Present, Instructional Designer
- CUNA Mutual Group, April 2018 – November 2018, Instructional Designer
- SchwindTEC, Inc., February 2011 – April 2018, President and Instructional Design Innovator
- Includes eLearning projects developed using Articulate Storyline 2/3/360, GoAnimate, Camtasia, Captivate, Adobe Creative Cloud software suite, SnagIt
- Emporia State University, June 2011 – Present, Adjunct Professor (Online Instructor teaching Corporate eLearning, Animated Scenario-based eLearning (featuring Vyond), Multimedia Design)
- DST Systems, Inc., December 2014 – September 2015, Manager, eLearning Program Development
- Developed adult eLearning projects using Articulate Storyline 2, GoAnimate, Camtasia, Adobe Creative Cloud software suite, SnagIt
- Argus Health Systems, Inc., January 2008 – December 2015, Manager, Online Program Development
- Developed adult eLearning projects using Articulate Storyline 2, GoAnimate, Camtasia, Adobe Creative Cloud software suite, SnagIt, Adobe Flash
- Nichols College, August 2008 – 2012, Adjunct Professor (Online Instructor)
- Cubic Applications Inc., November 2001 – January 2008, Manager, Distance Learning Development Team
- Developed adult eLearning courseware using Adobe Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, SoundForge
- Sprint Corporation, June-November 2001, Network Design Engineer
- Various US Army military assignments to include leadership and staff positions, August 1981 – May 2001.